Bowen Therapy is a soft tissue technique that helps restore the body’s own
self-healing mechanisms. It is a gentle, noninvasive, and safe technique
that can be used on anyone from the newborn to the elderly to provide
lasting relief from a wide variety of acute or chronic conditions.
Bowen Therapy Can Help with a Broad Spectrum of Conditions
- Anxiety, stress, and tension
- Sleep disturbance
- Recovery of energy
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- Posture and body alignment
- Hormonal, pregnancy, and fertility issues
- Digestive problems including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Neck, back, shoulder and elbow problems
- Knee, ankle, hamstring, and foot problems
- Whiplash and sports injuries
- Respiratory conditions, asthma, and hay fever
- Headaches, migraine, and jaw function problems
- Neurological events such as stroke and Bell's palsy
- Chronic medical conditions
- and much more...
How Bowen Therapy Works
Releasing stress at a very deep level and rebalancing the autonomic nervous
system, Bowen Therapy sets the scene for the body to heal itself. In
contrast to many other hands-on therapies, Bowen Therapy does not attempt
to force the body to change, rather it asks the body to recognize and make
the changes necessary to bring it back to homoeostasis (physiological
Gentle, precisely located moves are performed over soft tissue structures (muscles, tendons, ligaments). This information when introduced into the nervous system and with brief wait times allows the nervous system to process and make adjustments, bringing correction to abnormal compensatory postural holding patterns and release to fascial restrictions.
Bowen Therapy Sessions
Bowen Therapy sessions typically last 45 minutes to 1 hour and are generally scheduled once a week. Many conditions are significantly improved with 3-5 sessions and 5-10 session for more chronic conditions.