Services: Maya Abdominal Massage
We offer Maya Abdominal Massage with Katherine Mulholland
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage. It addresses the position and health of the pelvic and abdominal organs, by an external non-invasive manipulation. This work is best known for the correction of the prolapsed, fallen, or tilted uterus.
By shifting the uterus back into place the natural balance in the body is brought back to the pelvis area and surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help tone tissue and balance hormones are restored. This is essential for healthy reproductive functioning, such as painless menses, healthy pregnancy, effective labor and birth. Old adhesions from invasive treatments to the pelvic and abdominal area including fibroid tumors, endometriosis, cesarean delivery and hysterectomy are diminished when addressed by uterine massage. In addition, headaches, digestion, urinary and bladder imbalances are assisted towards health.
This list contains the most common symptoms of organ mal-position and decreased flow in the abdomen:
What to expect in a Maya session
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs.
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs
- Evaluation and application of structural alignment of spine with attention to the sacrum, lumbar and thoracic spine.
- Instruction in Self Care techniques to enhance your professional treatment session
- Recommendation of complementary modalities to do at home: herbal remedies, castor oil packs, Faja (organ support wrap), vaginal steams, nutritional or lifestyle education
For all first visits, as long as it is not contraindicated, you will receive a take home castor oil kit.
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are safe and effective however there are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification.
Please notify Katherine when you make your appointment if you:
- are in the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy
- have a hiatal hernia
- have diastasis rectus
- use a pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
Please don’t sign up for Maya if you:
- are actively menstruating
- have an IUD (Intra-Uterine Device for contraception)
- have had recent abdominal surgery
- have an active and acute infection
- have an abdominal aneurysm
- have an active infection or cancer present in pelvic area
- are undergoing chemotherapy