THUR EVENING MAY 30TH – SAT EVENING JUNE 1st, 2024
Connect with Jewish feminine wisdom at the serene, beautiful,
magical Doe Bay Resort on Orcas Island, WA
Immerse yourself in spiritual community!
Enjoy nourishing food
Rest, restore, soak in the outdoor pools, sit in the sauna, hike, explore among the trees, water and land.
Are you longing for spiritual connection and community?
For many of us, it has been challenging to find space to fully let go, to feel safe, to be curious, to connect more deeply within and together, to let our hearts break and to feel joyfully alive.
The Shabbat Shechina Retreat offers an opportunity to sink into a supportive and non-judgmental space with others who are called to connect with the divine Jewish feminine energy within themselves*.
Through skillful and gently guided practice and ritual, we explore how our ancient identities play out in this modern world. Connect with the wisdom of Shechina and other Jewish representations of the feminine. Whether you are Jewish or Jew-ish, we will connect with each other and create a more safely held space to attune to the ancestral wisdom that is available.
WHY are we offering this particular retreat?
Now more than ever, we (Roxane and Michal) are seeing the need to gather in a community that uplifts the power of our divine Jewish feminine wisdom.
WHO is this for?
We warmly invite cis and trans women, as well as non- binary humans, of who identify as Jewish or those who have a spark of curiosity about their Jewish identity or heritage. Please note, this retreat is exclusively for those who can respectfully hold space for others who have different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
WHAT are we going to be doing?
All offerings are optional and we trust your intuition around what you need. Here is what we will be gently guiding:
• Chanting + meditation
• Group discussion + sharing
• Self-reflection + journaling
• Moving our bodies • Ritual practice
• Shabbat dinner and invitation for tech-free sabbath
• Exploring divine feminine wisdom
• Connecting with inspiring Jewish matriarchs
• Time to rest, restore and explore according to your intuition
• Taking in and connecting with the natural surroundings
WHAT is included?
- All group offerings, led by Roxane and Michal in the Retreat House
Retreat House – Doe Bay Resort & Retreat.
- Breakfast and Lunch each day, Dinner on Thursday. Healthful, delicious
meals prepared by our Naturopath friend and peer Leah Alvarado.
Vegan/Vegetarian/Pescatarian/Gluten Free Options (we can
accommodate most diets).
- Access to the Doe Bay Resort including the outdoor soaking
tubs, sauna, hiking, yoga & meditation room.
ACCOMMODATIONS & DINNERS?
Retreat price does not include lodging and only includes dinner on Thursday.
- Lodging for cabins (private or shared), yurts, or a treehouse! Accommodations –
Doe Bay Resort & Retreat. Book soon to secure your stay.
- We have one double occupancy room in the Retreat House (for 1-2 people for an
additional fee-email us if interested).
- Transportation to and from Doe Bay (see information about reserving your spot
on the Ferry). Washington State Ferries Vehicle Reservations System (WSF VRS)
- Book your ferry now even if you wait to register for the retreat. To ensure you
arrive by our start time at 6PM Thursday 5/30, allow 2 hours from Ferry to Doe
Bay & check in. Since our circle will not finish until late Saturday evening, plan on
staying Saturday night so can relax without rushing to catch the late ferry. We
do recommend booking your return ferry on Sunday ASAP as spots are
already booking for the desirable crossing times.
- Dinner Friday and Saturday. We recommend dining at the famed seed to table
Doe Bay Cafe. Café – Doe Bay Resort & Retreat. Michal and Roxane will be there!
Early bird Purim pricing $612 until sundown March 23rd
Early bird Pesach (Passover) pricing $648 sundown April 22nd
Book now to secure your spot!
Cancellations: To keep our group intimate we have limited the number of
attendees, and, with the amount of time we spend preparing, we are unable to
offer refunds. If the need to cancel arises you may gift your spot to someone else
or provide a scholarship for someone who would like to attend.
Want some Extra Time?
Come a day early or stay an extra day and explore, rent a kayak Kayaking – Doe
Bay Resort & Retreat, hike Mt. Constitution, rest, receive a massage Massage –
Doe Bay Resort & Retreat, have dinner at the Doe Bay Cafe Café – Doe Bay
Resort & Retreat.
Need more INFO? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (West Coast) or
Michal Waldfogel email@example.com (East Coast)